Are you wondering what to do about the loose, sagging skin on your neck? A neck lift works really well to rejuvenate the neck, and enhance the appearance of the lower face.
What is a neck lift?
A neck lift is a procedure that is done to improve the appearance of the neck, by removing excess skin around the jawline and neck. It gets rid of wrinkles and creases, leaving the neck smoother and slimmer.
Recovery after a neck lift
Recovery time after a neck lift varies depending on the extent of the procedure performed. Less extensive procedures may require 5-10 days of recovery.
After a neck lift, most patients experience swelling, bruising, and numbness of the skin, along with minimal pain. These symptoms usually resolve within 1-2 weeks (click here to learn more).
Below are 8 tips to recovering from a neck lift
- Get plenty of rest, and make sure to eat a balanced diet.
- Start walking around as soon as you can, as this will help to minimize swelling, and reduce the possibility of blood clots.
- Take pain medication as directed by your surgeon, and check with your doctor before taking any other medication.
- Keep your head elevated when lying down, and don’t twist or turn your neck for the first few days.
- Don’t put ice directly on the skin.
- Avoid all strenuous activities for at least 2 weeks.
- Avoid alcohol in the weeks following surgery.
- Avoid smoking.
Patients are generally given a list of specific post-op instructions by their plastic surgeon, and following these directions precisely, will help to ensure optimal healing.
Would you like to learn more about recovering from a neck lift? Search our directory to find a practice in your area.
If you are in the Las Vegas and Henderson, NV areas, The Lanfranchi Center is our featured practice.
You can reach them at www.thelanfranchicenter.com, or by calling 702-929-3880.